Some humor to launch into the weekend
- I have a question. = I have 18 questions.
- I’ll look into it. = I’ve already forgotten about it.
- I tried my best. = I did the bare minimum.
- Happy to discuss further. = Don’t ask me about this again.
- No worries. = You really messed up this time.
- Take care. = This is the last you’ll ever hear from me.
- Cheers! = I have no respect for you or myself!
Before Google, there were librarians. Here are some queries posed to the poor, suffering staff of public libraries:
- A woman wanted “inspirational material on grass and lawns.”
- “Who built the English Channel?”
- “Is there a full moon every night in Acapulco?”
- “Music suitable for a doll wedding to take place between a Shirley Temple doll and a teddy bear.”
- “Can the New York Public Library recommend a good forger?”