Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog with The 15 Worst Things About Being a Writer (and Why It’s Still Worth It)
1. Most of your family and friends just don’t “get it.”
2. And most of the writing “friends” you have don’t actually live near you. You’ve never even met most of them in person. Ugh.
3. A lot of people don’t think writers should be paid what they’re worth.
4. And they don’t think they should be treated too nicely, either.
5. It takes a long time to write stuff.
6. It takes a lot of energy, too.
7. Sometimes you write things and no one reads them.
8. But anyone can find your articles online and sometimes they also find you and say mean things.
9. Rejection hurts.
10. Not hearing anything at all is worse.
11. Every once in a while, it’s like the idea river stops flowing.
12. Also sometimes you have a lot of ideas and don’t know which one to start with.
13. There are…
View original post 195 more words