Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog with the 12 Worst Reasons to Start a Blog
2. Because you’re bored.
3. It sounds like fun!
4. Because you probably can’t get published without one. (You can.)
5. You’re applying for a job, don’t have a blog yet, and think starting one now will impress an editor/hiring manager.
6. To “make a difference.” (You really have to be more specific than that.)
7. To get rich.
8. To start something “unique.”
9. To get famous.
10. Your friends/family/pets think you should.
11. Because a writing expert said you had to.
12. Because everyone else is doing it and that must mean you have to.
Meg is the creator of Novelty Revisions, dedicated to helping writers put their ideas into words. She is a staff writer with The Cheat Sheet, a freelance editor and writer, and a 10-time NaNoWriMo winner. Follow Meg on Twitter for tweets about writing, food and nerdy things.
Help Novelty Revisions become a more…
View original post 10 more words