Check out this great post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 15 Things That Probably Won’t Actually Improve Your Writing
1. Researching how to get a book published when you haven’t actually started writing a book yet.
2. Obsessively perfecting your book’s outline without actually working on the book.
3. Getting up early to write even though you never actually get any writing done during that time.
4. Joining 20+ Facebook groups.
5. Asking other writers for feedback without offering to give feedback in return.
6. Always writing in a coffee shop.
7. Making sure every single one of your bios and social media accounts specify you’re an “aspiring writer.”
8. Following every writer possible on every social media platform you can remember your password to.
9. Purchasing the best writing software/apps/gadgets.
10. Always writing about the exact same thing because it’s “comfortable.”
11. Writing about writing but never actually working on your own projects.
12. Talking to anyone who will listen about every new idea that comes to you.
View original post 180 more words