Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 10 weird writing productivity tips.
Most of these tips might seem backward or exactly what you “aren’t” supposed to do if you want to be a successful writer. I hope this is proof that not all advice works for everyone in the same way.
1. Working no more than 10 hours a day.
2. Avoiding work for the first 3 hours of my morning.
3. Checking my blog stats throughout the day.
4. Doing other creative things instead of writing when the words just aren’t coming to me.
5. Checking social media often.
6. Making time to read every day when I could be writing.
7. Making time for rest, even if it feels like I’ve had “too much” lately.
8. Stopping when my brain feels “tired” and coming back refreshed the next day.
9. Believing there’s a chance that what I’m writing won’t do well/get published/earn me a job.
10. Writing things that might…
View original post 142 more words