Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog with a quick guide on how to get good at writing
1. Write a lot, all the time, even when you don’t think it’s good. Early on, it probably won’t be.
2. When you aren’t writing, read.
3. When you aren’t reading, consume story-driven content in another way, like playing a video game.
4. Take a class, join a critique group, or share your work for feedback with people you know.
5. Submit your work anywhere you can, even if there’s a chance you’ll get rejected.
6. Whenever possible, follow up rejections with “how can I do better next time” queries.
7. Go to conferences or workshops, or join online or in-person writing “support” groups.
8. Try starting a blog. Even if it doesn’t take off, it’s good practice. It’s OK to blog just for yourself.
9. Write what you know … and then make an effort to learn more so you can write more.
10. Don’t be too hard on…
View original post 153 more words