Check out this useful post from the Novelty Revisions blog with what can happen when you stop trying to impress people with your writing.
1. I started focusing better.
2. I started setting more ambitious writing goals.
3. Writing became something I looked forward to, instead of something I dreaded.
4. So I really, really started to like writing. A lot.
5. I stopped caring so much about whether or not people liked me/my writing. And I started gaining confidence.
6. I got better at writing, because I felt freer and braver knowing others’ opinions didn’t matter.
7. I started hearing back from more potential clients and employers as a result.
8. And my blog started growing.
9. I wrote more because it made me feel good.
10. I fell in love with the creative art of experimentation — something I’d been terrified of before.
11. I somehow managed to make a career out of my favorite hobby.
12. And even on my worst days, I still love what I do. And that matters more…
View original post 64 more words