Check out this great post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 12 strategies to help you deal with the stressors blocking you from writing.
1. Focus on one thing at a time. Multitasking (usually) doesn’t work.
2. Break big scary tasks into small less scary pieces. Tackle one piece at a time.
3. Prioritize the things that need to get done today. Finish those first.
4. Don’t forget to breathe.
5. Write something that makes you feel good — no “strings” attached.
6. Treat writing as a reward, not an item to check off your list.
7. Speaking of lists … try making shorter ones. Just TRY.
8. Remember that it’s sometimes better not to write than to write poorly. Sometimes.
9. Take a few days off from writing if you have to — but only a few!
10. Or, alternate between writing days and writing “off” days.
11. Don’t beat yourself up when you don’t write. It’s OK to have a bad day.
12. Give yourself a pat on the back for every…
View original post 68 more words