Check out this great post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 13 things that happen when you force yourself not to write for one week.
1 At first, you feel kind of weird just … not writing.
2. But you get over it pretty fast.
3. Instead of procrastinating, you feel free to “slack off” without guilt.
4. For the first few days, anyway. Then the itch starts up again.
5. You start coming up with new ideas. Like … way too many new ideas.
6. You scramble to get them down without actually starting to write anything.
7. You try to tell your brain to shut up.
8. You actually consider writing just a few paragraphs … it’s tempting. Too tempting.
9. Then you remind yourself that this is a good thing. You’re giving your brain room to breathe.
10. You actually start to enjoy thinking through your ideas without actually working on them.
11. Then it’s the last day, and you can’t wait to start writing again tomorrow.
12. You remember why you…
View original post 127 more words