Check out this post from L.R.’s Inkwell blog with odd places to find writing ideas.
Sometimes, writing ideas just come to me without even thinking of a new idea. Very few times, I’ll stare at the wall, struggling to think of a story line or a good twist.
Well, one of the best tips to find that idea is view the world around you.
- Watch TV
- Watch Judge Judy or some of the other televised judges. Some of the stories people come up with for their cases would make for a good book, as long as you put in your own plot twist.
- Dateline / 2020 / or any of the crime drama shows.
- Read some of the classics. I’ve seen people write books with new spins off of Shakespeare or Grimm Brothers.
- Some of the stories in the Old Testament of the Bible can draw some wonderful plot ideas.
- Talk to people
- Talk to your grandparents. My grandma loves to tell stories of…
View original post 92 more words