Check out this helpful post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 14 things every writer needs before they sit down to write.
1. A large chunk of time set aside in which only writing is ideally permitted to happen.
2. Coffee, tea, some form of synthetic stimulation to help you get into “writing mode.”
3. A browser plugin that only blocks the websites you’re inclined to visit when you’re supposed to be writing. (That way, you can still look up words and such.)
4. A laptop charger, extra paper/pens/pencils, a backup plan if all these things fail.
6. A general idea of what you’re going to work on, even if you’re not sure what you’re in the “mood” for.
7. Some sort of timer (e.g., on your phone) so you don’t have to stop writing to check the time.
9. Some kind of short-term plan or list of goals, to be accomplished before your butt leaves the chair.
10. Your preferred form of background noise, even if it’s…
View original post 130 more words