Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog with 15 things all writers need to be successful
1. Mastery of a language.
2. An idea that sparks interest, excitement, deep thought, or a call to action.
3. Pen and paper, a phone with a keyboard, a laptop — nothing complicated.
4. The ability to sit still long enough to lose oneself in a story.
5. Basic research skills (internet access, a library, books, etc.).
6. Resilience — the ability to keep moving forward despite setbacks or obstacles.
7. Discipline — the ability to consistently learn, develop, and refine a habit or skill over a long period of time.
8. The desire to tell a story or share a piece of information.
9. Enough bravery and/or self-confidence to distribute your work.
10. The ability to accept and utilize criticism, whether positive or negative.
11. A willingness to constantly grow, adapt, and change.
12. An understanding that publishing is a team effort. Your way is not the only, or…
View original post 136 more words