I’ve been reblogging a lot of posts around NaNoWriMo. I’m not participating and this post from the Word Dreams blog echoes some of the reasons why (along with my 50-60 hour per week job)
This post is for Alex Cavanaugh’s Insecure Writers Support Group (click the link for details on what that means and how to join. You will also find a list of bloggers signed up to the challenge that are worth checking out. The first Wednesday of every month, we all post our thoughts, fears or words of encouragement for fellow writers.
This month’s insecurity – NOT doing NaNoWriMo.
I have 16 reasons. I posted them earlier but because I’m feeling insecure about my decision, I’ll post them again. Tell me where I’m wrong!
- I don’t believe in miracles.
- To rephrase Ashton Kutcher, NaNoWriMo looks an awful lot like work.
- I have to wash my hair (Is that excuse ever believable?).
- To rephrase Winston Churchill, It has all the virtues I dislike (hard work, cerebral endeavor, camaraderie) and none of the vices I admire (sloth, perspicacity, wordiness).
- Some books get clearer the more words…
View original post 256 more words