Check out the news regarding the CreateSpace store as featured in this post from Chris McMullen’s blog.
Image from ShutterStock.
CREATESPACE ESTORE IS CLOSING
Beginning October 31, 2017, customers will no longer be able to purchase paperbacks directly from the CreateSpace eStore.
If you have a link to your CreateSpace eStore and a customer clicks on it, the customer will be redirected to the corresponding page at Amazon.com.
According to CreateSpace, the reasons behind the change include:
- It’s much easier to search for books across Amazon’s site than it is to search for books on CreateSpace.
- Amazon offers a much better checkout process than CreateSpace does.
- Amazon offers better shipping options, including Amazon Prime.
- Amazon sends out tracking notifications for orders placed through Amazon.
- Amazon’s storefront is a much more familiar interface for customers.
- Several customers have requested the features described above.
Unfortunately, when a customer clicks on a link to a CreateSpace eStore and is redirected to Amazon, authors will earn Amazon.com royalties (not eStore…
View original post 774 more words