Check out this post from Nicholas Rossis’ blog from his book, Emotional Beats, where he describes writing about weather and skies.
Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This chapter deals with:
Weather, Skies, and Views
With our surroundings offering so many interesting views, finding the perfect description can be a challenge. Well, not anymore!
- The mottled sky ranged from mid gray to dirty white.
- A soft breeze picked up her hair, stirring the strands around her cheeks.
- As a warm breeze stirred the sheer curtains of the open patio doors, the scent of baked stone and crushed flowers folded within its balmy caress.
- We watched a thick, fluffy cloud shuttle across the sky.
- It had started to flurry and a thin coating of snow covered the ground.
- Overcast skies turned everything dreary…
View original post 623 more words