Here is another helpful post from Nicholas Rossis’ blog with an extract from his book, Emotional Beats
Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This chapter deals with:
Every now and then I come across a lovely beat that is hard to categorize. Here are some of my favorite ones:
- The movers scuffed the wall with the table.
- He was hovering inches from her face.
- She raised the storefront’s tattered awning.
- He sang a sprightly melody.
- A rowdy gaggle of youth.
- He frittered his life away.
- Soon, he was lost in the crush of people now spilling out into the streets in droves.
- Behind the curtains came the tapping. The tap tap tap rhythm of a branch against the window.
- Now place her in the past, where…
View original post 1,031 more words