Here is another great post from Michael Dellert’s blog from his series on the elements of a fiction proposal. This one centers on the marketing plan.
The fourth part of your fiction book proposal is your marketing plan: what concrete steps can you take to market and publicize your own book?
To recap, a great fiction book proposal essentially breaks down into five elements:
- About Your Book and the Target Market (What can you do for us?).
- Your “Comparables” (What’s your niche?).
- Your Biography (Who are you and why should we care?).
- Marketing and Publicity (How can you help me to help you?)
- Sample Pages
Today, we’re going to talk about how to prepare a marketing and publicity plan for your fiction book proposal. This is the meat and potatoes of your fiction book proposal, so buckle up, buttercup.
Your Marketing and Publicity Plan
This part of a fiction book proposal should outline your ability to promote your novel, and a plan to do so.
- What is the size of your current email list…
View original post 2,357 more words