Here is an insightful post from Michael Dellert on putting together a proposal for a fiction book.
The first part of your fiction book proposal should have details about your book and your target market.
To recap from last week, a great fiction book proposal essentially breaks down into five elements:
- About Your Book and the Target Market (What can you do for us?).
- Your “Comparables” (What’s your niche?).
- Your Biography (Who are you and why should we care?).
- Marketing and Publicity (How can you help me to help you?)
- Sample Pages
About Your Book
This week, we’ll discuss the first element in some detail. This is where you’ll answer questions like:
- What is your novel about?
- How many words is the manuscript or what is the expected word count?
- How much of your novel is completed?
- What is the title/subtitle?
- What genre or category do you believe your book best fits into?
- What is your book’s history?
- What is the target market?
- What is the…
View original post 1,564 more words