Here is another great installment from Nicholas Rossis’ book, Emotional Beats, with great ways to express fights.
Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This one deals with:
Fights. The staple in many a genre. Where would be without them? Here are a few words that may prove useful when describing a fight:
- He crushed his opponent.
- He crashed against the floor.
- She hurled the stone at him.
- He pinned her to the ground.
- He pummeled the shield.
- She splintered the wood.
- She plunged at him.
- She swerved his sword.
- He catapulted at her.
- He wrenched the knife from her hand.
- He was already hurtling toward them.
- He lunged at her, wielding a huge axe.
- He swung his axe.
- He flung his axe at her.
- He dashed /…
View original post 552 more words