You enter the writing world as a fresh-faced newbie with bags of enthusiasm, a head full of stories and the belief that it won’t take you long to achieve literary success! It will be a matter of months before your work starts a publishing bidding war.
Sadly this belief starts to fade the more you write. Ugh!
You come to realise that books go through a never-ending circle of drafting, rewriting and editing. They never seem to match the story in your head either.
This cycle can go on for years with just ONE book!*Eye roll*
Things may not run smoothly. You have to prepare for:
- Drafts which never meet your expectations
- Drafts which require extra mental stewing,
- Drafts which are sabotaged by painful periods of writer’s block
- Draft which are put to one side during unexpected curve ball life events.
- Drafts which remain ugly ducklings and never turn…
View original post 578 more words