Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This one deals with:
I’m sure you can drive just fine. But how easy do you find it to describe your character’s driving? These might help.
- He cut across three lanes of traffic, careening over the median to speed back in the other direction.
- She coasted the SUV out onto the road.
- He backed out, hand on the gear shifter.
- We swerved to the right as the back end of the SUV fishtailed until it came to a halt.
- He jammed the car into gear and gunned the engine.
- A red traffic light stopped us.
- A cab screeched to the curb.
- He turned into…
View original post 193 more words