Here’s another great selection from the book, Emotional Beats, by Nicholas Rossis from his blog
Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This one deals with:
He opened a door. She closed a door. Is that really all we can say about doors?
- He tore the door open.
- She slammed the door.
- The doors lumbered shut.
- They filed through the door.
- Doors banged.
- The door crashed open.
- He vanished behind the glossy wooden doors as he swung them shut. She waited until they clicked closed.
- He slammed the door behind him.
- The door creaked open.
- Doors squeaked, scraped and groaned open.
- He reached in and yanked the connecting door closed.
- The door snapped shut.
- Behind her, the door groaned shut.
- The door thudded closed.
- The door…
View original post 380 more words